BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris XML Transfer import issue FCP to AE (file cannot be found)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian EngelsenBoris XML Transfer import issue FCP to AE (file cannot be found)
by on Jun 8, 2011 at 9:29:41 pm

I'm trying to import a xml file from FCP to AE 5.5 with the Boris XML Transfer 3.0.1. I export the right XML from fcp and then open that up in AE. Here I just press enter without doing anything to the settings. This is because there is no button for reconnect or Media Reference Source button. I cannot see the offline files, there is just an After Effects error message saying that the files cannot be found.

Can this be because some of the files is named for example Sc.1.3.5?
The editor has named the clips/takes in this order and there is alot of them. Does it maybe mean I have to rename all of them and then also reconnect them i FCP before I can have them transfered to AE?

Return to posts index

Sara BurkeRe: Boris XML Transfer import issue FCP to AE (file cannot be found)
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:10:50 pm

The file paths given to AE by XML Transfer are the paths of the files as they appear in FCP. Renaming master clips in FCP should not be a problem. However, are you stating that after the XML was exported from FCP, the original files themselves were renamed? If this is true, at this time, you would have to reconnect them in AE. Normally if your files are offline, AE will not show this message unless AE has a potential problem with file playback. You could try natively importing those files in AE and see if you get the same result.

Our very next release of this plugin will contain a Reconnect Media button on the XML import side, which will allow you to reconnect all your media at the time of import instead of having to do it via AE.

Sara M Burke

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved