BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

RED5-Question

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guillaume Jeffrey
RED5-Question
on Jun 7, 2011 at 7:43:11 am

As a RED5 (plugin Vegas) user (thanks to John Rofrano ;) ) I would like to give some comments & ask some questions.
- When will it be possible to add an audio track for windows user? Will it be possible to add an audio track when using RED as a plugin?
- Is it possible to implement the BCC beatreactor effect on Boris RED?
- Is it possible to use the same concept as the "NULL in After effect" in RED?

I am a little bit disappointed with the tech support as I inform them that I have a bug but no reply so far. I would expect a reply informing me that this bug (if it is) will be corrected or this is a Vegas issue.

It seems (at least on my "weak" system) that not all the effects are multithreaded. Each time I use 3D extrusion (text, spline,...) only 1 thread is using during render.

On the pros side, RED is a very good addition & integration to Vegas. It's now possible to create more sophisticated stuff w/o using another software and wasting time doing intermediate render.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: RED5-Question
on Jun 7, 2011 at 1:39:38 pm

Hi,

So to answer your questions:

- When will it be possible to add an audio track for windows user? Will it be possible to add an audio track when using RED as a plugin?

• While we don't have an exact date at this stage for adding scratch audio support to RED on Windows. It's going to happen - we're just not clear when that feature will be opened up on that platform.

• Audi in RED as a plug-in can only happen with host level media if the host passes us the audio channel. If that happens then we can provide host audio to the RED plug-in.

- Is it possible to implement the BCC beatreactor effect on Boris RED?

• I'll take it that this is a feature request. :) Hopefully yes, but no commitment as to when.

- Is it possible to use the same concept as the "NULL in After effect" in RED?

• You can use Containers as a Null effect. For instance, if you have 10 media tracks to which you want to apply a global parameter change, such as tumbling them all in 3D space by the same amount at the same time, then place all of the clips that you want to affect in a container and make the parameter change on the container instead of the track.

I am a little bit disappointed with the tech support as I inform them that I have a bug but no reply so far. I would expect a reply informing me that this bug (if it is) will be corrected or this is a Vegas issue.

• I'm assuming that you are referring to the issue that you describe below this text. I'll look into it and let you know my findings. If support did not get back to you then it could be that they were busy helping other users who required immediate help with a more urgent problem.

It seems (at least on my "weak" system) that not all the effects are multithreaded. Each time I use 3D extrusion (text, spline,...) only 1 thread is using during render.

On the pros side, RED is a very good addition & integration to Vegas. It's now possible to create more sophisticated stuff w/o using another software and wasting time doing intermediate render.

• Thanks for using our software and I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the integration of this package into Sony Vegas Pro and the immediacy and flexibility of effects generation that this pairing affords the end user. We think they work very well together.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Guillaume Jeffrey
on Jun 9, 2011 at 2:22:15 pm

Hi peter,

Thanks for the all your answers.
However, I don't understand why not being able to save a project is a minor problem for you.
I also notice another "bug". It's possible to import a .mov file "motion jpeg" in 32 bit boris red but not in boris 64, both in stand alone version. (the file are coming from artbeats)

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 9, 2011 at 8:08:53 pm

Hi Guillaume,

I didn't know that you were having problems saving projects in RED 5 ... I see that as a very big issue. My first instinct is that you might have a permissions issue with your set up and that this would be something that our tech support guys could assist you in solving. What you are describing is an isolated incident as far as I am aware - we haven't had any reports from users that have had trouble saving projects so I have to assume that there is nothing wrong with the software but rather the set-up. I'll ask someone from support to get in touch with you to help with this.

The other issue that you describe is not a bug on our end, but rather a problem with regard to 64 bit versus 32 bit applications and Quicktime support. RED 5 64 is 64 bit all the way and doesn't include support for the Quicktime 32 bit file format. It's not something that we are dismissing however and we are working on a solution. When we will be able to make that solution available is unknown at this point but when that happens we will let you know.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Guillaume Jeffrey
on Jun 10, 2011 at 12:57:29 am

Hi Peter,

My issue is not being able to save the Vegas project when I use paint stroke in RED 5. This has been confirmed by John Rofrano (see older post), it's not specific to my system.
I don't know whether it's a Vegas or Boris issue, but would like to have a solution.

[peter mcauley] "I'll ask someone from support to get in touch with you to help with this."

OK, Waiting to hear from the support. FYI I sent the email on May 30. Let me know if I need to send it again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]