BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris RED and smooth scrolling in PAL

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean DavidBoris RED and smooth scrolling in PAL
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:42:40 am

I have been trying to get smoother horizontal text crawl titling for a project in PAL. As one of my options, I have been looking at alternative title plug-ins and installed the RED trial. (For those who wonder, I tried to install Graffiti, it doesn't work on CS5, and I read that RED had all the same functionality and more).

I see that RED has the title container and have sort of gotten started on the project, but am now stuck at what seems a strange problem - I cannot lengthen a project in RED PPro CS5. I have tried everything reasonable in both CS5 and in RED, but once I set it to 10 seconds in RED and exited to CS5, nothing in either program will lengthen it.

If you know how, please post steps, because this is driving me around the bend.

Also, if you have any suggestions about smoother text crawls in PAL projects in general, please speak up. I have read the post about opacity 80, contrast 235/16 and blur, but my issue seems to be timing as NTSC text crawls are smoother for me, but I need PAL.

Thank you!

Sean

Asus G73JH i7-720, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD5870 1GB, Win7 HP 64 bit, Adobe Production Premium CS5, Cinema4D Studio 11, and more...

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenbergRe: Boris RED and smooth scrolling in PAL
by on Jun 12, 2011 at 5:58:37 pm

PAL crawls should run at 50/100/150 pixels/sec.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Sean DavidRe: Boris RED and smooth scrolling in PAL
by on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:28:43 pm

Yes, I get that. But my question is actually 'how do I change the length of a project in Boris Red as a plug-in to premiere pro CS5?' I have tried everything that I can think of.

Sean

Asus G73JH i7-720, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD5870 1GB, Win7 HPrem 64 bit, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Cinema4D Studio 11, and more...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]