BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris AAF Transfer... doesn't

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David ForsythBoris AAF Transfer... doesn't
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 12:03:17 am

I downloaded the trial AAF Transfer plugin and installed it. I even shut down and rebooted (though the installer did not say I had to but old habits die hard I guess)

At any rate, I opened a project in FCP (v6.06), selected a sequence, chose File>Export>Boris AAF Transfer...

I get the dialogue box asking me to designate a file name and destination but I do not get the option to choose an Avid format before hitting the Export button. If I hit Export, the dialogue box disappears and there is not file in the destination folder.

Any ideas? FWIW, I am running OSX v10.6.7

Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris AAF Transfer... doesn't
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 1:42:18 pm

Hi David,

Thanks for trying our products - let's see if we can understand what went wrong and correct the problem.

Right after you got the dialogue box / window prompting you to set a file name for the export, you should have seen a second dialogue box / window. This second window includes multiple tabs and is where you set the Avid specific properties for the export. There are a couple of reasons why this second window might not appear; for instance it could be a problem with the installation, or it could be that the trial period has expired. Either way, I think it warrants a call from one of our techs to sort out the issue with you.

Please send us your contact information and we'll give you a call to get the product up and running on your system. You can send that to us via email at Please cc me ( on your email to support.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved