BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Red 5 - bug on saving project with Vegas

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guillaume JeffreyRed 5 - bug on saving project with Vegas
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 1:05:03 am

I made a paint stroke effect with Red5 used as a plugin for Vegas 10d x64.
Everything's fine until I hit apply and return to Vegas. Then when I save my project Vegas crashes ( I also tried with the "phone paint stroke" preset in the library browser and it crashes Vegas as well) .
Anybody has the same issue. Any idea on what's wrong?

Return to posts index

John RofranoRe: Red 5 - bug on saving project with Vegas
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 1:52:24 am

[Guillaume Jeffrey] "Anybody has the same issue."
Yes. Consistently reproducible. I added the Lightpainting preset from the Library Browser to an empty media event. Applied it in Vegas Pro 10d. It played back fine. Went to save the project and Vegas crashes. I sent the crash report to Sony.

Return to posts index

Guillaume JeffreyRe: Red 5 - bug on saving project with Vegas
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 7:24:43 am

Thanks John. At least I know this is not due to my computer.
I report it to Boris as well but no news from them.

Return to posts index

Theo van LaarRe: Red 5 - bug on saving project with Vegas
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:31:39 pm

In addition to the aboved mentioned problems with saving, I have a general problem with saving from RED5 stand alone version. I can save my project, but when I open it, again, it is empty.
Am I the only one and do I have to reinstall RED 5 or is this a bug where Boris is working on already?

Apart from the audio import in Red 5 I mentioned before, I also have problems with importing video into RED 5 stand alone.

Also, when I open RED from within Vegas and I have set track motion to 3D source alpha, RED will open, but again the project is empty.

Finally, I observed quit frequently in the stand alone version of RED 5 that values for keyframes return to default values.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved