BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris AAF cannot export text from FCP to MC

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
Boris AAF cannot export text from FCP to MC
on May 18, 2011 at 4:57:18 pm

i'm using the Boris AAF to transfer a FCP project (version7) to Avid Media Composer 5.5.1. Everything seems to work except all my texts. Any idea ???

According to Boris, the Text generator in FCP will be translated to MC.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris AAF cannot export text from FCP to MC
on May 18, 2011 at 5:20:21 pm

Hmmm ... it should work. What tool in FCP are you using to generate the text?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Ellis
on May 18, 2011 at 6:34:20 pm

Hello,

What you will need to do is once in Avid Media Composer, select the title in the timeline and go into the effect editor. Click the Edit Title button. Click somewhere in the text window and then save the title.

Thank You
Jeremy
Boris Support

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on May 20, 2011 at 7:42:54 pm

Jeremy,

Are you suggesting this has to be done for each title ??? If this is the case then i really don't see the point of using Boris AAF. Also why does the product says Text generator will be translated only to get errors during the export ??

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on May 20, 2011 at 1:25:31 am

There's a command in MC called "recreate title media"

Try that (no, I don't have the XML transfer tools, but from what Peter and Jeremy suggested it might do the trick.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on May 20, 2011 at 7:38:32 pm

I use the Text generator from FCP and, as mentioned, Boris says it is supported but i always get the error '' One or more feature are unsupported...'' during the export. If i look at the HTML files all the errors are related to the Text.

Return to posts index

Sara Burke
on May 24, 2011 at 1:54:02 am

In the HTML log where you are seeing errors related to the Text, what does one of them say? The standard FCP Text Generator is translated to MC's Title Tool - However, you must recreate the title media in MC as Jeremy replied, i.e. opening the effect editor on the clip, clicking on the 'Edit Title' button, and re-saving the title. This must be done for each Title Tool clip transferred to MC.

However, sounds like this isn't your case. If you have FCP Text Generators such as Crawl or Lower Third, these are not supported when transferred to MC via AAF Transfer. Unfortunately, it is an Avid MC limitation for us at the time being. We hope to support these Generators in a future release. If you have an unsupported Text Generator, it will be listed as Not Supported in the HTML log and you would also get an alert at the end of the AAF export stating that some features are unsupported.

Sara M Burke
BorisFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]