BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

RED v5.0.2 and v501 freeze at startup, v5.0.1 is fine

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marlon martins
RED v5.0.2 and v501 freeze at startup, v5.0.1 is fine
on May 18, 2011 at 5:37:46 am

hi, guys.

i came here to find some help on this problem.

was testing red 5.0.0 (32bit), and everything worked fine. but i intend to use inside vegas, so i waited for the update (5.0.2), installed, and it won't work anymore.

when i open red (standalone), it show the splash screen, and freeze. it keep using 25% of my cpu (quadcore) all the time and stays frozen forever ("initializing user interface")

sometimes it shows a bit of the interface but still keeps stalled.

then, i downloaded version 5.0.1 just for testing and it also froze on startup.

reinstalled, installed, tested everything i can imagine.

i also saved the 5.0.0 engine .exe file, and installed 5.0.2 version. running 5.0.0 standalone engine, works. 5.0.2 or 5.0.1 i got frozen at splash screen.

any help appreciated ;)

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: RED v5.0.2 and v501 freeze at startup, v5.0.1 is fine
on May 18, 2011 at 2:15:46 pm

Hi Marlon,

I would suggest that you first completely uninstall anything RED 5x on your system. Then download the RED 5.0.2 installer from our web site and install it onto your system.

Then, before you do anything else, try running the standalone version of RED 5.0.2 before running Vegas Pro. If that works then we have made progress and we'll move forward from there.

If that does not work then there is a bigger issue at hand and we will have to move this over to our tech support group - one of our highly knowledgable technicians will then assist you in sorting this out.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

marlon martins
on May 18, 2011 at 4:51:41 pm

hi, i uninstalled red various times already, using the 5.0.2 from borisfx.com

im using the standalone, just tested once inside vegas, same thing happens.

the fact that using the 5.0.0 .exe works, and 5.0.1 won't, im sure its something that has been changed since 5.0.0>5.0.1, but not sure what on my system causes that.

also updated video cards driver, tried disabling opengl, uninstalled/updated quicktime, etc... same thing... only 5.0.0 works.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 18, 2011 at 5:18:14 pm

Ok - we'll have to escalate this to support then. Can you please send us an email (support@borisfx.com) and cc me (peterm@borisfx.com) so that they can work with you directly to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]