BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Extruded Text unstable in Sony Vegas 10

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rex PolanisExtruded Text unstable in Sony Vegas 10
by on May 16, 2011 at 4:10:57 am

I am having trouble with BCC7 extruded text. While editing a project I will add BCC7 extruded text to am empty event. Sometimes, when I launch the edit text window, it will not let me add or edit text? Other times when I have added 3d text and and have everything set the way I want; I render my project. But none of my 3d text appears in the render but it does show up in while in edit preview. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. When it does work I get weird random artifacts in the shots containing the extruded text. What gives?

My system:
AMD dual core 3.2
8 gigs of RAM
Nvidia 7600gt
Sony Vegas Pro 10

Thanks for the help.

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas 10
Adobe PhotoShop

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Extruded Text unstable in Sony Vegas 10
by on May 16, 2011 at 12:57:36 pm

Hi Rex,

Very odd indeed - let's start with the basics.

Are you using the latest versions or Sony Vegas Pro and BCC 7? If not then I would suggest that you upgrade each of these. If you are not current with the updates, let's see if updating makes the problem disappear. If it persists, then we need to consider the graphics driver. If that i snot up to date then we should rev that to the current version and again, see if the update makes the problem go away.

Can you please try that to see if it helps?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Stewart BourkeRe: Extruded Text unstable in Sony Vegas 10
by on May 16, 2011 at 7:57:09 pm

Peter,

I have had this issue too. Using 10c and latest BCC 7 available, I have had exactly the same issue as described above - rendered output is missing extruded text. The only solution is to close Vegas, reopen it and the project, and render immediately. In every case, this issue has arisen when I have been scrubbing on the timeline - opening the project and rendering immediately fixes the issue.

I am using XP Pro, SP3 and the latest drivers for my nvidia card.

I have not tried it on 10d yet - 10d is way, way slower with BCC7 than 10c, and so I went back to 10c until I have time to make proper tests.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Extruded Text unstable in Sony Vegas 10
by on May 16, 2011 at 8:30:53 pm

Hi Stewart,

We're investigating the slowdown that you are reporting in Sony Vegas Pro 10d with BCC 7 Extruded Text. Thus far we have not seen the results that you are reporting but we should have more conclusive data on this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Rex PolanisRe: Extruded Text unstable in Sony Vegas 10
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 2:17:09 am

I discovered that is is my video card. It's weird. The problem happens on the rendered version but only on my computer, if I watch the file on another monitor via my home network everything looks fine. Thank you!!

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas 10
Adobe PhotoShop

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]