BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

using after effects plug ins inside boris red

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hector Herrera
using after effects plug ins inside boris red
on May 9, 2011 at 8:58:58 pm

can you use every after effects plug ins inside boris red like the colorista 2 or knoll factory psunami?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: using after effects plug ins inside boris red
on May 10, 2011 at 12:41:23 pm

Hi,

While some will indeed operate as expected, others might fail. We don't really know exactly which 3rd party AE plug-ins will or will not work in RED - we tested some of them but not all of them. I think the only way to discover whether they will work or not is simply to install the filters and give them a shot.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
Re: using after effects plug ins inside boris red
on May 10, 2011 at 10:24:29 pm

It would be beneficial if RED users would post which filters/plug-ins work and which don't, based on expericence. There are certainly enough demo and try-before-you-buy versions out so that you don't have to spend any money finding out.

From my experience, Tiffen DFX 2 (demo)does not work with RED 4.x. I can't speak for the original version of DFX.

Aurorix, Beserk, Damage (demo) and Delirium from Digieffects work with RED 4.x with the following caveats: Several of the individual Beserk filters do not work (they crash RED)and some of the interface features of Delirium don't work, like the presets, but all of the filters work, as far as I can tell. I've have just a little experience with the demo of the newest version of Delirium and that seems to work as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]