BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

AP CS5 + Motion Stabilizer + Video from Moving Vehicle

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Forrest SibleyAP CS5 + Motion Stabilizer + Video from Moving Vehicle
by on May 3, 2011 at 2:14:04 pm

I have a video taken on a bicycle from a helmet camera at 1080p. There is no fixed reference, and the camera is moving down the road the entire time with scenery changes. I ran the motion stabilizer filter once and had good success but had to turn off the autozoom because it zoomed in WAY too far, so I got the jumping black border. Now that I have changed a few settings, the video "shrinks" inside the border until it disappears over the span of maybe thirty seconds, so I have messed something up.

I would like to have the borders removed (a working autozoom), but I don't know where to start with this. There isn't really a single reference frame that would work well, so you would almost want to run some DSP over the previous 10 or 100 frames. I had success with Deshaker for VirtualDub, and Motion Stabilizer worked quite well sans autozoom, so I know that it's technically doable. Is this something that the plugin should be able to handle? Thanks!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: AP CS5 + Motion Stabilizer + Video from Moving Vehicle
by on May 3, 2011 at 4:28:50 pm

Hi Forrest,

Have you tried experimenting with the Smooth option in the BCC Optical Stabilizer instead of using the Stabilize option? It may reduce the camera movement enough to make the shot work without actually generating a total lock-down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved