BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

CS5 Premiere Optical Stabilizer Does not Work

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Rudnitsky
CS5 Premiere Optical Stabilizer Does not Work
on Apr 30, 2011 at 8:28:50 pm

Hello,

I've downloaded and successfully installed the Optical Stabilizer unit for Win7x64 CS5 Host. I am able to access the effect and add it to a clip. I follow the tutorials available on youtube and the .pdf documentation that comes with the demo step by step. Analyze clip, set mode to stabilize, set stabilize to translation + rotation + zoom. Post processing set to auto scale, Quality set to smooth and Resolution to Half. I render and preview results...the clip looks EXACTLY the same as the original.

So I remove the effect and reapply it with DEFAULT settings, analyze and render...clip looks EXACTLY like original.

I tried on 3 other clips and 1 clip with different clip properties (first 4 clips were 1080p 30fps, 1 clip was 720p 60fps) and all 5 clips had the same result.

Help me understand why I can load Mercalli on my computer and within 15seconds I am able to stabilize the same clip but Boris FX does not work.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: CS5 Premiere Optical Stabilizer Does not Work
on May 2, 2011 at 1:08:04 pm

Hi Ivan,

Very strange alright - and I'm at a loss to explain the issue that you are seeing as the typical user experience is far different from what you have described. It's usually apply the filter, analyze the clip, set the stabilization type and render. Sometimes a couple of tweaks to adjust the result but that's about it.

One thing though - if you change the Optical Flow resolution pop-up to half "after" you have analyzed then you will have to re-analyze and perhaps that's the reason for the result. What happens if you do not modify the resolution pop-up? Does that solve the problem?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Ivan Rudnitsky
on May 10, 2011 at 12:03:40 am

I do exactly what is described for the "typical user." I have tried it on different clips, different formats and with different resolution settings. NOTHING stabilizes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the trail version. I have installed with a different registration. I have installed the full continuum package and the individual unit. Nothing.

Does not stabilize. Does not smooth. Does not work.

Mercalli Pro...30 seconds of analysis and then boom...my clip is stable

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 10, 2011 at 1:07:19 pm

Hi Ivan,

I'd like someone here to go through this with you over the phone - are you open to doing that? It's the easiest way to trouble shoot the problem and make it work for you. If that is acceptable, please send us a phone number where you may be reached and the best time to call you and we'll give you a call. You can send that to us at support@borisfx.com and please cc me (peterm@borisfx.com) on the message.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

linda ivarsson
on Apr 24, 2012 at 11:40:23 am

I have same problem. The clip look excactly the same as prior to using the optical stabalizer plug-in. PC windows 64bit. Premiere CS5. Also tried uninstalling and installing again without any luck.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 24, 2012 at 2:18:02 pm

After the filter has completed the clip analysis, you should see a stabilized result and an improvement on the original unfiltered clip. Which of the three stabilization options have you selected? I would suggest trying Translation+Rotation+Zoom for a total lock-down. If you have not already done so, can you try this?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

linda ivarsson
on Apr 24, 2012 at 5:59:16 pm

I have tried all the different settings. Translation. Translation+rotation and Translation+rotation+zoom and various altenatives in the settings. Has is got to do with using this effect in premiere pro CS5 and not in AE (haven't got after effects)
I want to use the effect for a piece within a clip badly shot on a glidecam. It doesn't have to be perfect but a little better than original would be great.
I check the compare mode: side by side and they look identical.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]