BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

AAF - Does it work

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Freddie Rodriguez PR
AAF - Does it work
on Apr 29, 2011 at 6:27:34 pm

Is AAF Transfer working? I tried it on a Lap top and a then on Desktop, and with two different projects with unfortunately bad results. On the laptop it does not save anything and on the desktop the output AAF files, Avid says that it can’t import more than 24 tracks of audio but the sequence on the FCP side they are only two tracks (?). Could someone give me some good news and say it works, so I could keep my hopes and faith on the up and up. I was in contact with support but they seem to disappear for the last three days. And if this product does what it says it does in the tutorials I really need it.

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: AAF - Does it work
on Apr 29, 2011 at 7:49:34 pm

Freddie, we are looking into your case now. Someone will get back to you shortly. The support person you've been working with is on vacation for the past two days. The support record indicates that your trial version may have expired.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Freddie Rodriguez PR
on May 3, 2011 at 11:21:58 pm

Well I gave it a complete workout (tryout) about 5 days and the tutorial promotional videos are too good to be true. We tried it with 5 different final cut machine, more than 20 sequences, three veteran editors on AVID & FCP, some of the results did absolute nothing all gave different results with the same sequences none were any good. Sure we got great results with short sequence edits with 5 cuts or so. But we unfortunately came to the conclusion that it just does not work.
I’m hoping you could prove us wrong very soon, but for now I do wish you luck, because we could use a most needed piece of software.

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on May 4, 2011 at 8:01:39 am

Freddie, I'm sorry it did not work for you. (It works for many other users.) You do not specify what exactly does not work. We test with sequences which are hours long so, perhaps, duration is not an issue. If you send us the sequence you are having a problem with, we may be able to help you further.

If you are trying to link with AMA you need the latest Avid release and run it on the latest Apple OS.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]