BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

AAF Transfer MFX files

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ingo HäckesAAF Transfer MFX files
by on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:09:04 pm

I used the trial version to transfer a small test project from AVID to FCP. I followed the instructions in the tutorial video and tried also a couple of different other ways to export from AVID.
When importing in FCP I only get a offline Sequence and some offline clips. The name of the clips does not correspondent with any of the mfx files. I can’t understand how to connect one Clip to three different mfx files (V1,A1,A2).
Could it be, that the transfer only works with Mac based AVIDs?

THX

Ingo

Return to posts index

Freddie Rodriguez PRRe: AAF Transfer MFX files
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 6:31:16 pm

Good question…
Could it be, that the transfer only works with Mac based AVIDs?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: AAF Transfer MFX files
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 8:26:20 pm

Hi,

In this case, you have a single clip, which has V1, A1, A2. Avid creates an MXF for each. Going to FCP, our plugin links only to one, because in FCP, you cannot have a single clip link to more than one file path.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Ingo HäckesRe: AAF Transfer MFX files
by on Apr 30, 2011 at 10:03:19 am

So?
your plugin doesn't work in this case? AVID always creates different MXF files for video and audio. What to do?

Ingo

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2011 at 11:21:16 pm

Well I gave it a complete workout (tryout) about 5 days and the tutorial promotional videos are too good to be true. We tried it with 5 different final cut machine, more than 20 sequences, three veteran editors on AVID & FCP, some of the results did absolute nothing all gave different results with the same sequences none were any good. Sure we got great results with short sequence edits with 5 cuts or so. But we unfortunately came to the conclusion that it just does not work.
I’m hoping you could prove us wrong very soon, but for now I do wish you luck, because we could use a most needed piece of software.

Return to posts index

Sara BurkeRe: AAF Transfer MFX files
by on May 24, 2011 at 2:07:47 am

Freddie,

I would really like to help figure out the issues you are seeing with Boris AAF Transfer. I realize that it is very frustrating to get unexpected results. If you would be willing to send me some examples with explanations, I could try to see what's going on and might be able to help. You can send me an email at sburke@borisfx.com - I would need either the FCP project file, or FCP exported XMLs of the sequence(s) you are trying to export to AAF.

Sara M Burke
BorisFX

Return to posts index

by on May 24, 2011 at 2:29:22 pm

Hi Sara,
Unfortunately I lost that job, I took a week, almost 2 weeks, trying to get AAF Transfer to work on about 25 sequences, edited on FCP ver 7, so that I could finish the project on an Avid MC. They wear very basic edits; the finishing was going to be done on the Avid side. It was a big job, about 18hours of finish content. I had no luck, and support was to slow, I lost the time and the job hopefully not the client. I have no access to those sequences or information. Hope the AAF Transfer
gets better as more editors help to debug it.

Thanks Freddie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]