BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

premiere CS5.5 - boris red 5 trial

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
demetris agathocleouspremiere CS5.5 - boris red 5 trial
by on Apr 28, 2011 at 8:57:35 am

hello! I've been wondering, I just downloaded the Boris red 5 trial
But it seems I cannot find anywhere the transition and effect inside premiere CS5.5

Can it happen that it is not compatible with premiere CS5.5 yet?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: premiere CS5.5 - boris red 5 trial
by on Apr 28, 2011 at 2:02:05 pm

Hi Demetris,

I think there must be something awry with your installation - on Windows based systems, in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and CS 5.5, RED 5 should appear in the Video Effects group as a filter and the Video Transitions group as a transition. If this is not the case then I suggest that you first uninstall RED 5, then reinstall it and relaunch Premier to see if it shows up as expected.

If, after all that, it still doesn't appear in these groups, then you might have a configuration issue that requires help from one of our tech support gurus. If this is the case, please feel free to contact them via email at

Return to posts index

demetris agathocleousRe: premiere CS5.5 - boris red 5 trial
by on Apr 28, 2011 at 3:31:34 pm

thanks for the feedback, though i found the problem now. I will share in case anyone else has the same as me. The premiere .prm files didnt end up at all at my premiere plug in folder. but on a different drive, the one i actually had the installation file. Red 5 created a folder 'HOSTPRCS55DEST' and put them in there. so I had to manually move them to my plug in folder and that fixed the problem.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved