BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Interesting contrast

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy BernhardtInteresting contrast
by on Apr 22, 2011 at 2:53:13 pm

Hello All-

Below you will read an interesting contrast between Todd of Adobe and Peter of BorisFX from an issue with my system which started with the update of Production Premium CS5
AE Version BCC AE 7

When trying to use any of BCC 3D object filters system crashes. I've called up old 3d logos from months past and they also crash while trying to read .eps file. Tried disabling open gl, no luck. Tried turning video preview off, no luck. Any recommendations?

Randy Bernhardt

This only happens when using the Boris effects?

If so, my first recommendation is to not use those effects.

Then, submit a bug report with details about exactly which effects are causing the problem, so we can work with Boris to find and address the problem.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Hi Randy,

Time for me to hit the sack but let's pick this up first thing in the morning and get it sorted out. I'm going to see who we can involve to get this working for you and if it means that we have to modify the BCC software to make it work then rest assured that I will champion that cause and make it happen for you or fall to the ground trying. I've been with BFX as a product manager for over 12 years and it's people like you that have kept me in a job by remaining loyal customers - it's not something that I take lightly.

Thanks for your patience while we sort this out.

The response above from Peter was after working with me for several hours to find the solution. The next day a member of Peter's team sent me a link for the correct driver necessary to fix the issues caused by the update.

Gee I wonder which guy I'd like in my corner.

Randy Bernhardt

Return to posts index

Mark HarrisRe: Interesting contrast
by on Apr 22, 2011 at 3:37:38 pm

Adobe customer support has been lacking for years. This does not surprise me concerning their response.
I would have written back "Since your software does not work with my plug-ins, how about a refund?"

Boris has the team in place to make you feel important. I just bought RED and I look forward to creating much magic with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved