BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

XML transfer

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Pugh
XML transfer
on Apr 21, 2011 at 2:57:28 pm

Just started using XML transfer again between FCP and AE - and updated to version 2.0.2. However my mixed codec timeline is given poor results. The prores clips and transferring just fine, but the HDV clips are just black, even though the footage has come over and appears in the AE footage folder, the comp has the footage icon but no in or out points. I noticed someone has remarked on a similar problem a month or so back - is this a bug in 2.0.2? I had great success last year with version 1.0.3.

Ahh yes also - the import bar hangs half way through import! Tried exporting a XML 4 file, but same results as the version 5 - even with a simple timeline of 4 clips cut together.

Best,

Ken.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: XML transfer
on Apr 21, 2011 at 5:02:01 pm

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the filter - we'd like to see if we can reproduce the issue in our labs. Can you please tell us what your system specs and software versions are so that we're comparing apples to apples? If possible, perhaps you could also send along the XML file that you're trying to import? If so, you can send that to me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Apr 23, 2011 at 2:51:09 pm

We just posted a free updates for XML Transfer - version 2.03

http://www.borisfx.com/updates/#null

We believe it solves your problem. Please try it out.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
on Apr 23, 2011 at 9:41:10 pm

Hi, sorry not to reply sooner - yes the update fixes the problem for me, thanks! I seem to still have a cosmetic issue of the XML import progress bar only completing about 50% of the distance and then stalling. But when I close the bar down using the red x, the import is fully completed in the AE project, and all the media is correctly placed.

Thanks again for such a speedy fix,

Ken.

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
on Apr 23, 2011 at 10:36:43 pm

Restarted AE and the cosmetic progress bar issue has vanished now too, all well,

Thanks,

Ken.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]