BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 7 Reflection / Customs Textures

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert St-OngeBCC 7 Reflection / Customs Textures
by on Apr 17, 2011 at 9:04:41 pm

I am really thrilled having BCC7 in Sony Vegas and I am experimenting on making glass looking Extruded Text. I am seeking help and will try to sum it up...

Attached is a frame grab of what I have accomplished so far but do have problems with the reflection part.

I have tried the Reflection setting inside the Front Material where you have some reflection maps but there isn't any options to import maps.
I did see on the web an NVidia Photoshop plugin that handles .dds files but haven't got into that yet since I don't know if this is the proper way to do it but I do like the fact that reflections are fixed images even when you manipulate the Transformations or Camera X, Y and Z axis, the reflection maps acts like a fixed background and it's movement is not linked to Transformation or Camera moves.

I did try importing my .jpg background file in the Custom Textures folder which file I accessed from the Front File setting in the Front Material but when using the Transformation settings or Camera X, Y and Z axis, the .jpg file gets rescaled with the Extruded Text just as if they were linked together. See the attached frame.
Is there a way to avoid the rescaling and not losing the glow details around the text?

I am also looking for a way to blur and disort the inside portion of the text slightly to enhance the feeling that the type is made of glass.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved