BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Add moving hand to write-on text

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Hagan
Add moving hand to write-on text
on Apr 16, 2011 at 10:31:50 am

Hi. I'm using Boris in Avid - Avid FX 5.8.2.

I have some writing that I've used the paint tool to create a write-on effect - no problem there. And I have an overlay photo of a hand holding a pen. How do I get the hand to track along the path I've already created in the paint tool, so that the hand appears to be drawing?

Simon

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Add moving hand to write-on text
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:40:23 pm

Hi Simon,

You can do that by using the motion tracker to capture the motion of the paint as it paints on screen and then taking the motion tracker filter with the recovered motion and applying that to the hand image track.

You can find free motion tracking tutorials here:

http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/RED.php

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Simon Hagan
Re: Add moving hand to write-on text
on Apr 19, 2011 at 8:20:03 pm

Thanks Peter. I'll give that a try.

However, I was wondering if there might be a way to simply convert the paint path I've created into a motion path then apply that to the hand layer. It seems a short jump conceptually, but maybe there's some reason that it can't be done? I've tried to copy (ctrl+c) the path, as well as "convert filter" While convert filter seems to turn the paint path into a motion path, I can't find a way to attach the hand layer to the newly created motion path. It doesn't seem to work according to the normal rules of applying a motion path.

Thanks
Simon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]