BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris AAF transfer FCP>Avid incorrect framerate

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Leauanae
Boris AAF transfer FCP>Avid incorrect framerate
on Apr 7, 2011 at 3:55:40 am

Hello all! I'm new at this so here goes...

I'm trialling a version of the Boris AAF transfer plugin & have struck an issue with the frame rate being read incorrectly out the other end of the my AAF export (in Avid)

Basically I want to send my FCP(v7) project to Avid(MCv5.0.3)

FCP settings:
XDCAM EX35mbs - 1920x1080i 50 with Boris AAF export set to match project.

Avid settings:
1080i/50 Project - AMA is enabled (not that it matters in this case)

The problem is that Avid opens the AAF but thinks my master clips format is 24p? which they are not! In order to open up my sequence it updates to match my project settings (1080i50) because it thinks my AAF sequences master clips are 24p.

When you try a relink on the updated 25fps seq) it fails saying it can't perform a frame rate conversion..(which makes sense if it were truly 24p material..but its not?)

I've double checked my settings in FCP(25fps all the way) & used Media info & even mpeg streamclip to breakdown my source quicktimes which all tell me the same thing..25fps!!

As an extra test, I created a 24p project & imported the AAF which opens as you would expect & even relinks the 24p master clips to 25fps media perfectly without problem.

So things are lost in AAF translation? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance

FCP v7
Avid MCv5.0.3

Mac Pro - 2x3 GHz Quad
OSX 10.6.3
8 GB RAM
Dual partition - Avid/FCP

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris AAF transfer FCP>Avid incorrect framerate
on Apr 7, 2011 at 11:57:26 am

Hi Sam,

I believe you have stumbled across an issue that we recently became aware of ourselves and have resolved (internally) with a version of the AAF Transfer software that we are about to make available. If all goes according to plan, we should have that ready for you to download within the next 24 hours. It will be version 2.0.8.

So please check our web site for the 2.0.8 version tomorrow morning, download and install it onto your system and you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Sam Leauanae
on Apr 7, 2011 at 8:59:37 pm

Thank you Peter!!

sambnk

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 8, 2011 at 1:16:35 pm

You're welcome Sam. And just to keep you up to date, we're in the final stages of testing and we expect to make that update available later on today.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]