BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Graffiti - Pinnacle Studio - Repositioning text without making a motion path

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stacey Hadji
Boris Graffiti - Pinnacle Studio - Repositioning text without making a motion path
on Apr 2, 2011 at 1:28:46 pm

Hi

I am really new to Boris Graffiti and this is prob a stupid question - but i am playing around with some text and i cannot get it to reposition without creating a motion path.

I want the text to fade in smooth into the top right cnr of screen - and when i move it there it then creates a path back to center and animates the text accordingly......

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris Graffiti - Pinnacle Studio - Repositioning text without making a motion path
on Apr 4, 2011 at 1:34:45 pm

Hi Stacey,

By default, a keyframe is in place at the start of the timeline and at the end of the timeline. When you repositioned the text, the position is being interpolated by the software generating a path between the new position and the position at the end keyframe. To correct for this, you need to go to the start of the timeline and click on the box at the left of the position slider and select constant. This will set the text to have a constant position.

You might want to check out some of the free tutorials on our web site:

http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]