BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC 7, is it the same effects for different hosts?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Morrison
BCC 7, is it the same effects for different hosts?
on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:20:19 pm

I have Final Cut Pro Studio(6) and Adobe Master Collection (CS4). I like the offerings of BCC 7. My question is, are the effects partly, mostly, or all the same for each host program.

Neither host has turned into my goto program yet. If BCC 7 offers more to one than the other, that will help me gravitate to ONE host program and finally get some real work done.

So much learning.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: BCC 7, is it the same effects for different hosts?
on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:47:58 pm

[Joel Morrison] "My question is, are the effects partly, mostly, or all the same for each host program. "
I would check this listing from the Boris FX web site:

Boris Continuum Complete Filter List by Host Application

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:58:57 pm

Hi Joel,

The answer is that there are some differences but for the most part the BCC offerings for the FCP and AE host applications are the same. Here's a list of some of the major differences:

In FCP, there are "RT" versions of many of the filters. The RT version does not include the built-in motion tracker, which is removed so that the filter will playback in the FCP timeline without the need to render the sequence. The RT filters are not included in the AE version as the AE version will preview without the need to render to disc.

In FCP there are "real" transitions, which can exist between a pair of clips and therefore there is an entire category of FCP Transitions effects. In AE this is not possible and transitions are treated just like any other filter effect.

I think that depending on the type of work you are engaged in that you will still need to use both programs. If possible, I would suggest that you upgrade both hosts, FCP and AE, to the latest versions and equip both hosts with BCC 7. This will provide you with the toolset that you need to handle most motion graphics, editing or compositing work that will come your way.

And if you need to transfer an edited sequence from FCP into AE you can do that with Boris XML Transfer, which is the only timeline transfer utility that will transfer BCC filters between hosts.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Mar 23, 2011 at 6:23:47 pm

For the most part BCC7 filter set is the same in all hosts but there are host-specific filters. We have a comprehensive table of filter-by-host here:

http://www.borisfx.com/bcc/bccFilterListByHost.htm

Hope this helps

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Mar 24, 2011 at 6:15:51 pm

So in reality Boris BCC7 is more complete for some and not for others?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]