BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Problems rendering some effects in a 10-bit timeline

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom MatthiesProblems rendering some effects in a 10-bit timeline
by on Mar 15, 2011 at 5:37:39 pm

I still continuing to have problems with a number of Boris effects when used in a 10-bit timeline. I'm using Final Cut 7 and a ProRes timeline. While the effects display fine prior to rendering, the rendered effect is often different. An example would be using the 3D Perspective filter, I drop a clip into the "Floor" image well to use a clip different than the default floor. It looks fine before rendering. After rendering, the default Floor is there rather than the clip I dropped into the well. If I manually change my time line settings from 10-bit to 8-bit, the clip will render correctly. I've found a number of effects that render incorrectly in a 10-bit ProRes timeline, but look fine of the sequence is dropped down to 8-bit.
Also the Open GL effects are not working well either. Most often, when I apply an effect, it get a collection of blocky, chunks of pixels on my screen rather than the correct effect. See Still attached.
Studio 3, FCP 7.03, Leopard 10.5.8, 2x2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel.
BCC 7 Fxplug

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Problems rendering some effects in a 10-bit timeline
by on Mar 17, 2011 at 2:53:58 pm

Hi Tom,

Although I'm not totally sure of what the source of the problem is I suspect that one of our support gurus would be able to assist. Feel free to get in touch with one of them via email. Their contact is

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved