BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Title/Action Safe

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trace PrattenTitle/Action Safe
by on Mar 15, 2011 at 5:18:16 am

Hello, I am using the UpRez filter with FCP. I went through the process up upscaling from SD (720x480) to DVCPRO HD 720p60 ( 960X720).
The resulting image in the canvas does not even cover the title safe portion. Is this normal?
I changed my ratios in my source clip to 960X720 as well as my timeline to the same. Could it have to do with the % I am viewing---74% in the canvas?

Second question, I assume when changing sequence settings in the timeline it compensates for the aspect ratio when viewing the title/safe parameters?
Thank you.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Title/Action Safe
by on Mar 17, 2011 at 3:06:21 pm

Hi Trace,

The recommended workflow for UpRez is documented in the help file for that filter. Are you following that workflow? If you are and are not seeing the expected result then this is indeed indicative of a problem.

Before we take this any further, can you please create a new sequence and follow the instructions step by step to make sure that you are using the UpRez filter per the recommended workflow?

Return to posts index

Trace PrattenRe: Title/Action Safe
by on Mar 17, 2011 at 8:10:54 pm

Thank you for your inquiry. Does the issue have to do with the 960x720 AR? I can try the 1080, as in the tutorial, though I did not shoot this. This is the only step I did not follow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved