BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

EPS files not loading

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart BourkeEPS files not loading
by on Mar 7, 2011 at 9:14:55 pm

BCC 7, vegas pro 10..

I am (again) having difficulty loading EPS files into the extruded eps effect.

I have taken previous advice, and am going with very simple, single-colour eps files, but none will load.

The following file displays perfectly in inkscape, irfanview and scribus. This is just one of many that will not load into bcc.

I do not have illustrator, so am using Inkscape to create them (and I do understand that this may be the reason).

Could any eps gurus out there see if they can tell what is wrong with the following file?

Failing that, could you recommend something that I can create EPS files with (apart from Illustrator - a bit expensive for the CS suite, especially when I have Vegas already)

If is a simple polygon, in green. I have tried white, and also putting a coloured background on a track beneath it to see if it is being imported in black.

This is what it should look like:

Thank you.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: EPS files not loading
by on Mar 8, 2011 at 1:22:04 am

Well, to be blunt, there is no way that you are going to be able to extrude anything other than an Illustrator EPS file with that filter so you should stop right there. So ... the solution for you is to use the BCC Extruded Spline filter. Set the Path Type pop-up in the filter to Wedge and then twirl down the PRIMITIVES group and set the Wedge Start and Wedge Length parameters to values that generate the exact shape that you need. I think you should have no problem in achieving the result that you have in mind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved