BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Any guess what this error message means?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen MannAny guess what this error message means?
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 5:31:11 pm

Any guess what this error message means?
(Is is possible that my display card - ATI FirePro V3700 (FireGL) -is incompatible?)

OpenGL Version: error
Driver Version: error
Available Texture Memory: 128 MB
Max Texture Dimension: 8192 x 8192
Physical CPU count: 4

Shaders: C:Program Files (x86)Boris FX, IncLibBCC OFX 7Shaders64

Hardware Status: Supported.
Critical Testing: CRITICAL ERROR - Unable to active root context.

- A component of your system has been detected which is not officially
supported by Boris FX for OpenGL based rendering.

YES: Enable OpenGL and continue (may render)
NO: Disable OpenGL and continue (unlikely to render)

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Any guess what this error message means?
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 2:25:43 pm

Hi,

Well the short answer is that the video card on your system is not included in the filters internal list of graced video cards.

Basically, the software is warning you that some filters, such as those that use hardware rendering, ie, rendering on the video card, may not render the expected result. It is also providing you with the option to press yes to continue and work with the software, or not.

Most of the time this error message can be safely ignored and you should be able to work with the filters and render the expected result without any problem. If, however, you see problems with filters from the OpenGL category or the 3D Objects category then this is most likely the reason why.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Stephen MannRe: Any guess what this error message means?
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 3:32:29 pm

First, I just got off the phone with Tyler and I bought BCC for Vegas. Another more interesting error popped up later. Just hours after installing the demo version, I received a "Demo Expired" message.

My editing PC and its' ATI card are more than three-years old, so it's likely that both will be replaced soon.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Steve Mann

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Any guess what this error message means?
by on Mar 1, 2011 at 1:58:13 pm

Hi Steve,

Not totally sure why you saw that trial expired message after only a few hours of use - it's supposed to display the message 2 weeks post installation of the software. Anyway, glad to hear that you liked it enough to make a purchase - thanks and I hope it meets your demands.

Remember, should you run into any issues with the product, you can get in touch with our support group via email at support@borisfx.com. Or post to this forum - someone will always provide an answer.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Stephen MannRe: Any guess what this error message means?
by on Mar 1, 2011 at 8:25:32 pm

I *may* have loaded a demo of Boris sometime in the past - I really don't recall - but, that would explain the demo expired error.

FWIW - The quality and promptness of support from Boris, both pre- and post-sale went a long way in favor of making the purchase decision.

Steve Mann

(now on to the steep learning curve ahead....)

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]