BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

add a logo to multi shape background

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Howard Laneadd a logo to multi shape background
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 8:05:13 pm

I am using Boris Graffiti for Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate. I would like to put a graphic of our ministry's logo in the circle shape of one of the Lower Third Multishape backgrounds. I can't seem to find a way to do this. I have looked at the manual I got with the program but there is nothing there on the subject.
Thanks in advance, Howard Lane

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: add a logo to multi shape background
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 9:52:52 pm

Hi Howard,

Using the preset chooChoo as a reference:

• create a new shape
• set the face of the new shape to the graphic that you want to use
• drag the new shape with the imported graphic onto the face of the track titled "Wedge"

If this is still baffling to you, send me the logo and the settings file from the library and I'll set it up for you. You can send that to me via yousendit ftp - my email is peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Howard LaneRe: add a logo to multi shape background
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 11:44:20 pm

Is there any way you could be more discriptive in your dirrections? I am just learning this program and really can't follow you. I would like to be able to make these kinds of edits in the future, so even though your offer to do it for me is extremely kind I would prefer you teach me how to fish rather than give me a fish.
Can you give me step by step instructions? or direct me to a tutorial? From what I gather we caN only use EPS files for graphics? I followed your instructions as best I could but was unable to see my graphic.
Thanks again,
Howard

Return to posts index

Howard LaneRe: add a logo to multi shape background
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 5:45:56 pm

I'm guessing that by create a new shape you're talking about using the Spline Primitive button. When I do that there is no "Face" subtrack to set. So how do I set the face of the shape\Spline to the graphic?
Is the only graphic recognized by Boris Graffiti EPS?
Thanks again

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: add a logo to multi shape background
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 6:32:33 pm

Hi,

I think you might really benefit from watching a few of the free tutorials that we have here:

http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/Graffiti.php

You can watch the Graffiti, FX and RED tutorials - all will help you to better your knowledge of how to use Graffiti to generate effects.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]