BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

color correction to one track in RED4

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theo van Laarcolor correction to one track in RED4
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 4:12:51 pm

I am using RED4 in Vegas9.
I have added RED 4 to an event in Vegas. In RED 4 I have added 4 extra tracks (3D plane) with video and I placed these extra tracks on top of the original track with the BCC corner Pin effect.

Now I want to add some color correction Fx to ove of the extra tracks. However, what I try, this color correction not only affects the desired track, but the whole scene, including the original Vegas track. How can I apply the color correction just to one of the extra 3D planes?

Theo

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: color correction to one track in RED4
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 4:39:53 pm

That's very simple. RED gives you an ability to nest a filter within an individual layer (or Shape Track, using RED lingo). Simply drag and drop your filter over the shape track that you want to correct. Also notice that within the Shape track a filter can occupy two different nested positions: one nested under the Face - we call it upstream filter - and one nested above Face - a downstream position. I'm guessing that for your purpose the nesting position would not matter but feel free to experiment. Hope this helps.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Theo van LaarRe: color correction to one track in RED4
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:17:43 pm

Yes, this is what I was thinking. But no matter whether I place the effect upstream or downstream, the background layer is also affected. Probably I am doing something wrong. I will experiment a little bit more...

Theo

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: color correction to one track in RED4
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 2:08:01 pm

Hi Theo,

Following along with Boris's suggestion, you might want to try dragging the Color Correction filter so that it is placed between the Face track and the Corner Pin filter. If this does not isolate the color correction to one track then please feel free to save the settings file and send that to me (peterm@borisfx.com) and I'll figure it out for you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]