BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

List of tested / approved cards?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave SternList of tested / approved cards?
by on Feb 18, 2011 at 5:06:10 am

Does anyone know of a list of tested / approved PC cards for BCC 7? (winXP sp3, running w/ sony vegas (although I'm on 10.0a and I think some of the fixes in BCC require 10.0B, but I think I'd have to upgrade to C, which seems to have some flaws!).

The nvidia 8600 GTS 256meg card I have doesn't seem to work (can't display extruded text and I sometimes get an error msg that blue doesn't have enough depth to run .. although the utility reports no GPUs and the wrong memory for my card so I suspect something's not right). I'm not convinced that this card is supported (since boris tech support told me that).

I'd like to look into buying a card (quickly) that will work (PCIe 16x, doesn't have to be high end) but I can't find the specs for supported / tested cards and/or requirements (how much memory).

I've updated my card driver and directx but it still doesn't work. I tried 2 other nvidia drivers that one of the boris guys suggested but they didn't work so I rolled back to the supported driver for my card.

Any suggestions appreciated - working on a project and I'd really like to use the BCC7 (soon!).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved