BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Can't install on MacPro

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Pittas
Can't install on MacPro
on Feb 17, 2011 at 9:28:44 am

Hi, everyone

I downloaded the trial version of BCC 7 for mac, installed it, entered the serial, but the plugins have not been installed in neither FCP nor AE CS4 and CS5.
My user account is not the administrator but, when the installer prompts me I entered the administrator login/pass so there should not be any problem.
I, also, checked the /Library/Application Support/BorisFX folder and all the supporting stuff is there,
But in the Adobe/Common/Plugins/CS5/MediaCore/Boris Continuum Complete 7.0 folder there is nothing. No sign of any plugin.

Any help would be much appreciated since I evaluate the software for an immediate purchase, where we need the 3D Text Plugin.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Can't install on MacPro
on Feb 17, 2011 at 2:12:56 pm

Hi Nick,

Are you sure that you downloaded the correct version of the BCC installer for your target host applications? For FCP you need to download and install BCC 7 FxPlug, for Adobe there are two installers, for CS5 you need the BCC 7 AE CS5 installer and for CS4 or below you need to use the BCC 7 AE CS4 installer.

If you feel that you have indeed used the right installers for this and are still not seeing the filters in your host, then please send an email with your contact information to us at support@borisfx.com (and cc me peterm@borisfx.com) and we'll get someone on the phone with you right away to sort out the problem.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Nick Pittas
on Feb 17, 2011 at 3:15:06 pm

There was only one trial download available from the site and that was the BCCUnits705Mac.dmg file.
This was the installer for mac 3D Objects Trial Version.
It is the one I downloaded.
If I need to download from somewhere else please advise.

Thanks for the quick response though

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 17, 2011 at 4:28:53 pm

Hi Nick,

You can download the software here:

http://www.borisfx.com/downloads

On that page just select the host and scroll down to the unit that you need and click on free trial.

Again, you need separate installers for Adobe CS5, Adobe CS4, Apple FCP. So if you need the software in all 3 hosts, that's 3 separate downloads from the site and 3 separate installations.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]