BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

how to make extruded text move around a circle

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Kolasky
how to make extruded text move around a circle
on Feb 13, 2011 at 4:43:43 am

I have just installed Borix 3D Objects unit and I am tryingto make extruded text move in a circle horizontally around the Y axis.
I am workikng on an Apple MacPro (OS 10.6.4) desktop with Motion 3 being part of FCP 6 suite.
I have the text nicely appearing and can make it move horizontally but not in a circle around th Y axis. I think my problem may have something to do with moving the pivot point reference, but I cannot find sufficient information about that feature to understand what has to be done.
Can someone point me in the correct direction.
Thank you.
Norman

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: how to make extruded text move around a circle
on Feb 14, 2011 at 1:54:06 pm

Hi Norman,

To make the text follow a circular path, go to the PATH group of controls and select Circle from the Path Type pop-up. Then you can use the On Path Position parameter in this group of controls to animate the text around the circle.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Paul James Chatman
Re: how to make extruded text move around a circle
on Feb 15, 2011 at 3:35:28 pm

Hope this isn't to late, but Johm Rafrano has shown how to do this in Sony Vegas Pro 10. Since 3D Units is also in BCC7 for Vegas Pro, the approach is the same.
Here is the URL: http://www.borisfx.com/videos/BCCVegas/Transformations-Animations.php

Essentially you need ORIENT the ROTATION on the Y-axis. But you'll need to move the pivot point to the center the object to orbit. John, explains it well. please have a look.

hello

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]