BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BFx preview nice - Vegas throughput skewed

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave FelderBFx preview nice - Vegas throughput skewed
by on Feb 12, 2011 at 8:59:26 pm

I'm creating a spinnning newspaper effect. Both Vegas 9 and BFX 9 are set for 1280 x 720.

I put a TIFF image of a newspaper onto my timeline, add the Boris Effect and set my "rotation (Z)" and scale parameters to get the desired spinning and growing effect, and add a radial blur to make it look more realistic. If I preview to RAM inside Boris it looks good.

When I close Boris and look at it in the Vegas Program window, the entire image is skewed a few degrees.

I've tried added the TIFF directly into Boris instead of passing from the vegas timeline but it doesn't help.

The z axis settings are:
0sec: -8/-180 degrees, decelerate Scale 5% X&Y
5sec: 0/-18 degrees, hold Scale 40% X&Y
20 seconds 0/-18 degrees, hold Scale 80% X&Y

I've also rendered the work out to a QT file, figuring it might be the Vegas preview, but the image is definitely skewed - it looks almost like a diamond.

If I turn off the rotation completely, the image grows in perfect rectangular shape, so the issue is either the Z axis rotation, or the way I'm applying it.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BFx preview nice - Vegas throughput skewed
by on Feb 14, 2011 at 1:59:46 pm

Hi Dave,

If you can send me the BFX settings file I'd be happy to take a look at it to see if I can understand the reason behind the result you are seeing. You can send that to me via email at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved