BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Text 'fly-by'...

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart BourkeText 'fly-by'...
by on Feb 11, 2011 at 11:11:32 pm

Folks,

Just starting out with BCC7 in Vegas Pro and have been following tutorials - especially around the 3d text etc.

I am trying to figure out how to do what I call 'fly-bys' on 3D text (or any 3D object - but for the moment I am focusing on text). If you can imagine some 3D extruded text sitting on the screen I would like to have the came 'fly' along-side it, maybe through some of the letter with appropriate holes in it - the letter 'O' for example.

My initial attempts look wrong - in that changes in direction are too pronounced etc. I am also not sure whether I should be moving the text in space, or moving the camera around the text, or a bit of both.

Any pointers to tutorials/example projects etc would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

John RofranoRe: Text 'fly-by'...
by on Feb 12, 2011 at 1:36:13 pm

[Stewart Bourke] "My initial attempts look wrong - in that changes in direction are too pronounced etc. I am also not sure whether I should be moving the text in space, or moving the camera around the text, or a bit of both."
It sounds like you didn't change the keyframes to be smooth. Right-click on the keyframes and change the default from linear to smooth or slow or whatever you like. Definitely move the camera and not the text or else your lighting will change (unless you want the text to move on a background, then move the text)

I assume you've seen my tutorial Camera Moves with BCC 3D Objects in Sony Vegas Pro on Boris TV but just in case you haven't here it is:

Hope that helps,

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Stewart BourkeRe: Text 'fly-by'...
by on Feb 12, 2011 at 8:21:22 pm

John,

Many thanks - I thought I had seen all the tutorials but must have missed this one - exactly what I was looking for. Pro certainly opens new doors...

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]