BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Quick Question about older versions of BCC and Red with Adobe

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Morrison
Quick Question about older versions of BCC and Red with Adobe
on Feb 10, 2011 at 4:39:04 pm

I recently found both BCC 3.0.1 and Red 3.0 sitting on a shelf in an old non-used edit suite so I thought I'd install them on our newer-ish Win7Pro64 suite running Adobe Master CS4 and give them a try. I can see the effects in After Effects but when I open up Premeiere I don't see an BCC options anywhere in the video effects folders.

Is this version just too old to run on Premiere CS4? I can see the Boris plugin folder sitting in my Premiere plug-ins folder on the c drive, but I've gone through every effects folder/setting in Premiere and they just aren't showing up... unless I'm overlooking something simple a 5 year old would catch...

Also Red looks interesting, are there any good tutorials out there geared towards this older version or would they all be the same?

Return to posts index

Matt Morrison
Re: Quick Question about older versions of BCC and Red with Adobe
on Feb 10, 2011 at 4:47:19 pm

Ahh... never mind... I found another thread saying that the BCC transitions folder needed to be moved to the CS4 common plugin folder... that seems to have done the trick.

But apparently something still isn't right because as soon as I try to preview or render any of the effects, Premiere instantly crashes. Maybe a video card conflict since I don't think mine's on the approved Boris list or this software could just be too old... oh well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]