BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Extruded EPS issue

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theo Brown
BCC Extruded EPS issue
on Feb 8, 2011 at 4:40:42 pm

Hello, I'm having a problem setting up a hand-drawn Illustrator file in order to use it with BCC Extruded EPS. I screen captured the image in both Illustrator and After Effects (CS4 for both); there's a hole in my image and some of the splines don't look like they're lining up. You can find it at http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_theo/

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC Extruded EPS issue
on Feb 8, 2011 at 9:11:12 pm

Hi Theo,

The first thing that I would suggest is that you make sure that you have saved the file in Illustrator 8 format and that you are not using any special Pantone colors - only RGB and CMYK colors are supported.

Also, if there is a bounding box surrounding the artwork then you might have to delete that as the filter will attempt to extrude any path that it can find.

Compound paths should work.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Theo Brown
on Feb 8, 2011 at 9:26:36 pm

Hi Peter, the only thing I didn't try (as you suggested) was to make the Illustrator file into compound paths -- same result. I did save it as an Illustrator 8 file, there's no bounding box and no crazy Pantone colors. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 8, 2011 at 9:32:18 pm

If you would like to send me the file I'll take a look at it to see if I can figure out what the problem is. You can sent it to me via email at peterm@borisfx.com. Just make sure to zip the file before you send it.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]