BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Red - Stuck in Cinema Display

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter tours
Red - Stuck in Cinema Display
on Jan 30, 2011 at 1:18:34 am

Temporarily editing on my MBP whilst the Mac Pro is down. Using Red in FCP 7 timeline I got myself stuck when I selected desktop preview and connect to external monitor to see if I could use my second (dvi)monitor for the composite window. Wound up blanking my main MBP display and couldn't escape out so had to crash the machine.

How do I get out of it? Not the I plan on doing it again....

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Red - Stuck in Cinema Display
on Jan 31, 2011 at 2:12:11 pm

Hi Peter,

Very strange - and the first time that I've ever heard of this problem. Is it a situation that you can reproduce on demand? I'm assuming that other applications that can span two monitors are not causing the same problem to appear ... is that true?

And of course, I have to ask ... are you up to date with all of your software, such as RED 4.3 etc?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter tours
Re: Red - Stuck in Cinema Display
on Jan 31, 2011 at 7:33:06 pm

Peter - yes it's repeatable. I bet it's just a bunch of keystrokes to get out of it, but failing that I am stuck.

In Red Engine 4.3.latest select Digital Cinema Desktop in preferences, then engage external monitor. Red takes over the laptop screen and cannot be dismissed.

This was even worse when I was in FCP in my timeline and FCP was already using the Digital Cinema Desktop preview, thus blanking my external monitor.

Only way out was to power cycle and trash Red Prefs.

Again, it's prbly just keystrokes to dismiss the full screen but I don't see it next to "Preview to External Monitor"

MacBook Pro 15" Dual 2.4
OS X 10.5.8
FCP 7.0.3

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]