BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris and AvidFX can't move tracks up and down

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Yarbrough
Boris and AvidFX can't move tracks up and down
on Jan 25, 2011 at 2:48:27 pm

I just made the big jump to last week to MC 5.03, an HP z400 with 6 cores and 12 gb ram, nVidea Quadro FX3800. Sprung for the production bundle since i use Boris all the time. Just started AvidFX engine, made a couple of text pages, made a solid color layer and surprise, I can't move the color layer to the bottom of the track stack. Nor a can I move any track up or down. Installed Boris RED 4.3.3 engine, same results. What am I doing wrong?

And anyone know why I no longer have a TGA compressor in my QuickTime render settings?

best,
Scott

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris and AvidFX can't move tracks up and down
on Jan 25, 2011 at 5:45:34 pm

Hi Scott,

I just tried an identical system set up and had no problems moving layers up or down in the layer stack. I wonder if there is a permissions issue at hand or perhaps something about the installation that is causing this problem to appear.

I'm going to suggest that you get in touch with one of our tech support gurus who can assist you in sleuthing the issue and solving the problem. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Scott Yarbrough
on Jan 25, 2011 at 8:56:48 pm

I got a solution from Avid support, who talked to some of the Boris support team... a clean install followed by signing in and running as "administrator" did the trick.

Best,
Scott

Return to posts index

Simon Keating
on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:57:38 pm

Life saver... I'm running two identical Avid systems and I can move tracks on one but not the other. It's been driving me around the bend! Many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]