BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC 6 AVX 3D Objects/Extruded Text

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas R Bruce
BCC 6 AVX 3D Objects/Extruded Text
on Jan 17, 2011 at 3:03:44 am

Is the Extruded Text filter extremely demanding on the CPU and graphic card in such a way as it could cause my NLE (Avid Media Composer) to freeze very often, after dropping it onto a clip?

I have 2 computers which are giving different reactions when dropping the Extruded Text filter onto a clip.

1. Windows 7 64bit Pro, CPU Core2 Duo, NVidia Quadro FX 3700. MC 5.0.3 (also tested with MC 5.0.3.5, MC 5.0.3.7r) Freezing almost always when dropping the filter onto a clip. If it doesn't freeze, and I later click on the "Open Text Editor" button to redo the text... it usually freezes then.

2. Windows 7 64bit Pro, CPU i5 Quadcore, NVidia Quadro FX 3500. MC 5.0.3.5 Working fine without freezing.

So the difference is mainly in the CPU.

Other BCC 3D filters seem to work correctly on both machines, as do all the other ones I have tried in BCC 6 and in AvidFX (Boris Red)

Is there any workaround to fix the problem with Machine 1?
I will eventually be upgarding it to a newer processor, but until then... any ideas?
Regards,
Douglas

Douglas
(Kumamoto, Japan)

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: BCC 6 AVX 3D Objects/Extruded Text
on Jan 17, 2011 at 10:55:42 am

I'm pretty sure the difference is in the driver or nVidia panel setup (dual monitors?). You may want to contact our support team for help. They should be able to figure this out.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Douglas R Bruce
Re: BCC 6 AVX 3D Objects/Extruded Text
on Jan 17, 2011 at 11:06:52 am

Boris,
Thank you for such a speedy reply.
I will indeed contact your support team and I will try and give them as many details as possible.
I hope we can solve the problem as I am just getting started on a series of video tutorials on MC and the BCC Filters.
I feel that Boris products are always being overshadowed by Adobe AE.
That is a shame, as Boris products can match AE in many repects - if you take the time to learn them.
Regards,
Douglas

Douglas
(Kumamoto, Japan)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]