BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Where is BCC and how do I use it after Installing?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Felder
Where is BCC and how do I use it after Installing?
on Jan 12, 2011 at 2:53:53 am

I downloaded a free BCC Light Rays unit back in December. (There was a link going around for a free copy of BCC Light Rays) It appeared to install properly, it asked me for the Serial number which I recieved from Boris Effects via email back in December, and it appears to have accepted the serial number.

When I use Premiere CS5, I can't figure out how to apply the BCC effects to my timeline. They're not in my effects or transistions tab.

There's no program installed that's accessible through the START menu, so I guess it's not a separate Keyframer like the BFX Ltd version they used to give away.

There is an installation of BFX 9/Vegas 9 on the same machine, but as far as I can tell, BCC didn't find its way there either.

Control Panel does show BCC as being an installed program.

I can't find an installation guide on the Boris Effects web site either. Strange. Can anyone tell me how to get this baby working?

Thanks.....

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Where is BCC and how do I use it after Installing?
on Jan 12, 2011 at 5:40:43 pm

Hi Dave,

On order for this filter to show up in Premiere Pro CS5, you need to make sure that the filter exists in the MediaCore folder.

Adobe>Common>CS5>Plugins>MediaCore

If it's there but not showing up in Premiere then you should get in touch with support via email at support@borisfx.com.

If it's not there then perhaps you should re-run the installer.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Barry Barkley
on Jan 26, 2011 at 11:57:24 am

Hi

I have the same problem and checked there isn't any files in the MediaCore folder. I installed 707. Win7-64bit, Adobe Premier Pro CS5 64bit. I have reinstalled BCC, the setup file downloaded from site for premiere pro cs5 is BCCAE707Win_CS5.exe

Please help.

Thanks
Barry

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 26, 2011 at 3:39:37 pm

Hi Barry,

This sounds like an installation issue and not something that I can help you with. Instead, I'd like to suggest that you get in touch with one of the techs on our support team who can spend time with you to help resolve the issue. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]