BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

UpRez in Premiere CS5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Volodymyr Kashuba
UpRez in Premiere CS5
on Jan 11, 2011 at 8:05:46 pm

UpRez in Premiere CS5. Is it working in Premiere only. Any tutorial? I can't find any. In Help from BCC UpRez they show step by step how to do everything in Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects and Avid Media Composer, not Premiere CS5. Can sombody help me with like step by step how to do it in Premiere CS5??? Or any links. Big Big Thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: UpRez in Premiere CS5
on Jan 11, 2011 at 9:27:10 pm

Hi Volodymyr,

We recently updated the doc with additional information regarding use of the filter in the Adobe Premiere Pro editing environment. I've pasted the text from that doc herewith. You might want to make sure that you have the latest version of BCC for that host, which is v 7.0.7. If you have an older version of BCC 7 you can update to 7.0.7 for free on our website.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Adobe Premiere Pro Host (CS 3/CS 5)
• import an SD clip into HD sequence • reinterpret clip to match the pixel aspect ratio of the final HD sequence (in Premiere project window) • generate a black video slug • place the black video slug in the Premiere Pro timeline on video track 3 • place the imported media in video track 2 • apply the BCC UpRez filter to the black video • set the source layer pop-up in the filter to use video track 2
• set the source pixel aspect ratio pop-up to match the true source pixel aspect ratio of the original SD clip. • set the frame size pop-up to layer size • set the framing pop-up to desired option (fill frame/letterbox/stretch) • set quality settings to desired option for image enhancement (sharp/smooth etc). It is worth experimenting with different quality settings to optimize the results for your indiviaul clip. A recommended starting point is to use the Magic Sharp quality setting from the Method pop-up and to set the sharpness level to 25.

Adobe Premiere Pro Host (CS 4)
• import an SD clip into HD sequence • reinterpret clip to match the pixel aspect ratio of the final HD sequence (in Premiere project window) • the imported SD clip is now centered in a black HD frame • apply the BCC UpRez filter to the re-interpreted SD clip • set the source pixel aspect ratio pop-up to match the true source pixel aspect ratio of the original SD clip. • set the Source Size pop-up to the original SD layer size • set the framing pop-up to desired option (fill frame/letterbox/stretch) • set quality settings to desired option for image enhancement (sharp/smooth etc). It is worth experimenting with different quality settings to optimize the results for your indiviaul clip. A recommended starting point is to use the Magic Sharp quality setting from the Method pop-up and to set the sharpness level to 25.

Note that since PPro CS3 and PPro CS5 behave differently than PPro CS4 (different work flows) - due to host side differences the BCC UpRez projects created in CS3 will not open correctly in CS4 and those created in CS4 won’t open correctly in CS5. E.g. a CS3 project opened in CS4 will render black. However, projects created in CS3 will open correctly in CS 5.

Return to posts index

Volodymyr Kashuba
on Jan 12, 2011 at 12:21:14 am

Thank you for quick answer.
On Boris Product Updates site the latest update I see is:
Continuum Complete AE Updates
BCC 7.0.6 AE

Release Date: December 13, 2010

Updates Boris Continuum Complete v7.x AE to v7.0.6.

I'm sorry, but I can't find v7.0.7 as you stated above.

Return to posts index

Kerrie Mckinnon
on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:55:55 am

Hello, thanks for your step by step advice.. I'll certainly use this. The only problem is I'm not sure how to use plugins in Premiere pro. I have installed BCC Uprez for adobe CS5 (which I have).

I'm now in Premiere, I've followed the steps, created the slug, moved the footage to the correct place, but I don't know how to 'apply the BCC UpRez filter to the black video'. Where is the filter? How can I access it?

I'm sorry, this is probably a really stupid question!

Kerrie

Return to posts index

Kerrie Mckinnon
on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:58:56 am

Hello,

thanks for your step-by-step advice. I'm sorry, but I'm a real amateur and have not used plugins before. I have installed the BCC Uprez plugin for Adobe CS5 (which I have). I restarted Premiere Pro, but have not restarted my computer.

I'm in Premiere Pro and have followed the steps up to 'apply the BCC UpRez filter to the black video'. I don't know how to do it because I can't find the filter.

How do I find and apply it?

Thanks

Kerrie

Return to posts index

Volodymyr Kashuba
on Jan 12, 2011 at 12:30:42 am

Continuum Complete 7.0.7 for CS5 Win (123 MB) is only in trial version - is it will make my version as trial???

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 14, 2011 at 2:00:41 pm

[Volodymyr Kashuba] "Continuum Complete 7.0.7 for CS5 Win (123 MB) is only in trial version - is it will make my version as trial???"
No it will not make your version a trial. The trial versions will correctly recognize your license and update your existing version to the latest level. You will have the full version when the update is complete.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Volodymyr Kashuba
on Jan 14, 2011 at 3:05:07 pm

Thank You, I will try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]