BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BorisFX Uprez & Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony PhillipBorisFX Uprez & Final Cut Pro
by on Jan 8, 2011 at 5:27:34 pm

I've been demoing software for upconversion in the past few days and I've hit a speed bump with BorisFX UpRez. I'm currently using the 14 day trial and I'd love to try this plug-in due to its great reviews, however it hasn't been working.

I followed this tutorial:

I did it step by step, but when I came to the step where I apply the UpRez filter, the filter was no where to be found. All of the other BorisFX plug-ins were showing up, but the UpRez filter was missing. Its supposed to be under the 'BCC7 Distortion and Perspective' menu, but the only plug-in there was the 'BCC RT Swirl'.

I'm using Final Cut Pro 7 (Final Cut Studio 3) on an Intel Core Duo with 4GB of RAM, so my specs should be more than fine. Any ideas as to why this plug-in is not showing up in my Effects window?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BorisFX Uprez & Final Cut Pro
by on Jan 10, 2011 at 2:08:59 pm

Hi Anthony,

I'd suggest that you download the very latest BCC 7 FxPlug installer and reinstall the software. It may be possible that you installed a BCC Unit, which did not include the UpRez filter and if so, that might explain the missing filter.

ps - if you have any questions or concerns regarding use of the filter please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly via email at

Return to posts index

Denis WilliamsonRe: BorisFX Uprez & Final Cut Pro
by on Apr 10, 2011 at 3:24:46 am

As a new downloader of UpRez I've been unable to get it to work in FCP 7 as the tutorial mentioned by Anthony (above) is no longer available (at least not at that url).
I'm trying to uprez a regular PAL DV clip, which doesn't have square pixels, so I can't use the HD Slug method, but the alternative directions in the help doc are fairly meaningless ("unanimated BCC Generator"???).

Is there a video tutorial available anywhere...?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BorisFX Uprez & Final Cut Pro
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 8:05:42 pm

Hi Denis,

Sorry, the tutorial that you mention was removed and at this time we don't have a replacement. Here's how to us the filter:

• place a clip in the timeline that is of the same size as the final result that you need - the content of the clip is irrelevant as we are only using it for size
• apply the uprez filter to this clip
• double click on the filtered clip to access the filter controls
• drag the media to be uprezzed into the well layer
• then just adjust the controls until you are satisfied with the result

I hope this helps but if it's not clear please let me know and I'll have a video created for you (or I'll create one for you myself) which I'll then send directly to you.

Return to posts index

Denis WilliamsonRe: BorisFX Uprez & Final Cut Pro
by on Apr 23, 2011 at 3:27:56 am

Thanks for the information, Peter, I'll try it out as soon as I get a minute. One unfortunate thing is that UpRez was a MacUpdate special recently (50% off - but only for 24 hours) which is what brought me to BorisFX in the first place. Don't worry though, if I like UpRez enough I'll find a way to buy it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved