BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Feature request for BCC7 / Sony Vegas 10

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert St-OngeFeature request for BCC7 / Sony Vegas 10
by on Dec 23, 2010 at 9:33:00 pm

It would be great if BCC Lens Flare, Lens Flare Advanced, BCC Glint and any other BCC filter which I may not have used yet, be applied over an empty event or text and not have the background appear black.

I know there are ways to fix this problem either applying an fx at the track level but it just makes things more complicated and sometimes it it just not working perfectly.

For example, I have a Sony generated text on which I have applied a BCC Light Sweep and then a BCC Glint. When applying the BCC Glint, the background becomes black. There are workarounds to fix this but I just can get my text to show up the way I intend it to.

Luckily, there is a Sony Glint fx which I applied after the BCC Light Sweep and by default, it is not showing up as a black background but transparent and this is how all Vegas fx works and I wouldn't want them to work differently, there is no advantage in having a black background and my text turned out the way I wanted it without any extra manipulations and workarounds.

Many times I try applying BCC FXS but end up hitting a wall and finally use Sony FXS.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Feature request for BCC7 / Sony Vegas 10
by on Dec 24, 2010 at 12:05:52 pm

We plan to make this change but not until the next major BCC release. What you are describing is a side effect of our previous OGL architecture. The change is planned for a future update. Thanks for mentioning it. I just want to point out that this affects 3 filters only from the entire 200 filter set.

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

Robert St-OngeRe: Feature request for BCC7 / Sony Vegas 10
by on Dec 24, 2010 at 3:12:42 pm

Thanks for clarifying this issue.

I will definitely be looking forward to this next BCC release.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved