BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Light Sweep displays differently in Preview modes

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert St-OngeLight Sweep displays differently in Preview modes
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 12:54:44 am

In Vegas (32bit or 64bit) the Light Sweep fx appears much softer if Vegas is set to Preview AUTO than in FULL mode. Then if I set the display to FULL mode and set it back to AUTO, it will display right unless you change some settings.

Mind you that I prefered the fx in AUTO mode since it looked much softer but only did I found out about this once I rendered the event.

Can this problem be fixed?

Also, is there a way to have the light sweep stand outside of the frame and have it enter the frame other than fading it in?

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Light Sweep displays differently in Preview modes
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 5:16:06 am

thanks for reporting the problem, we'll look into this.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Paul EzzyRe: Light Sweep displays differently in Preview modes
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 7:17:29 am

Hey Robert,

We are able to reproduce the effect you are seeing when you change resolution. The work-around is to make sure you are in FULL quality mode when you FIRST apply the effect. After that, you can drop still resolution and the effect will not change so drastically.

We have been communicating with Vegas on how to fix this problem permanently. Check our electronic bulletins for updates.

Lastly, to change the position and length of the light sweep, you have several options:

A). You can reposition and keyframe the Light Center cross hair in our UI.
B). You can change the Direction (angle) of the light.
C). You can adjust the Falloff Distance. Personally, I almost always reduce the Falloff Distance to 20 or less, and use just the tip of the light, it makes a nice effect. Animating the Falloff Distance from 4 to 50 makes a nice effect.

Hope this helps!

-Paul E.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]