BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Exporting stills in Boris Red 4.3

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray BrownExporting stills in Boris Red 4.3
by on Dec 2, 2010 at 10:04:44 pm

Having trouble exporting a still pic in Boris Red 4.3. I imported a .psd in Boris. After I make my corrections to the still, I choose export/current frame, it looks fine within Boris. Open it in Photoshop and all the layers show up, all jumbled. I have to export at least 3 frames of a movie file, open it in Quicktime, and export as a tiff. Looks great but sheesh. Also, every project I open a small window pops up that says Can't find the settings file. Don't know what that is. I had everything in a container at first, but took elements out thinking the container might be the problem Alas, no. Mac 2x3GHz Quad Core intel, 8 gb mem.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Exporting stills in Boris Red 4.3
by on Dec 3, 2010 at 12:11:00 pm

Hi Ray,

Odd ... I just tried replicating your issue as reported and (of course) couldn't see the problem on my system. The exported Pict from RED opened in Photoshop and looked exactly as expected - a flattened image file.

To help with the problem, would it be possible for you to send me the RED settings file along with the PSD file and I'll try it here? If so, you can send that via yousendit ftp to

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved