BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Box Set vs. BCC 7 for Sony Vegas Pro 10

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray GralakBox Set vs. BCC 7 for Sony Vegas Pro 10
by on Nov 30, 2010 at 10:29:20 pm

I have been a light user of Vegas Pro from way back to Version 1. I have upgraded through almost every version of Vegas including recently upgrading to V10 from V9. I usually just do 2-3 short videos (<10 mins) a year so I'm not a heavy user.

It looks like BCC 7.03 has some nice tools and I am strongly considering taking advantage of the December discount and purchasing it. However, today is the last day for the Box Set special, which is $400 more. Is there any reason I should consider the Box Set? Or, considering I am not a heavy user should I just stick with BCC 7?

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Box Set vs. BCC 7 for Sony Vegas Pro 10
by on Dec 3, 2010 at 2:25:59 pm

Hi Ray,

I guess it all depends on what tools you need to complete your work. The box set includes some high-level compositing software (Boris RED) that can be used inside of Vegas as a plug-in or in standalone mode, where you render out host independent movie files. So if you are only looking for the plug-in power of BCC then you're probably good to go with BCC however, if you need to do any real compositing such as rotoscoping, spline masking, multi-page text scrolling, charts, vector shapes, etc etc then you should go for the box set because in all honesty is it a serious bargain.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved