BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Filters missing from Vegas 10.0

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edmond PepperBCC Filters missing from Vegas 10.0
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:28:24 pm

I recently upgraded to Vegas 10.0 (x64), running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition.

I purchase BCC 7 (x64) for Vegas 10.0, which is supposed to work with this software.

The BBC filters are supposed to show up on the Video FX tab in Vegas. NONE of the BCC filters are showing up in Vegas.

Vegas 10.0 is installed to D:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 10.0
BCC 7.0 is installed to D:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\BCC7_OFX.ofx.bundle\Contents\Win64

I have also tried reinstalling the software to drive C:, and it still does not work

Help Please!!!

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: BCC Filters missing from Vegas 10.0
by on Nov 25, 2010 at 4:28:35 pm

Is your Vegas installed on drive C:? I'm sure our support will be able to straighten this out but they are away for a long weekend. If you are still having a problem email me direct and I'll try to get you an answer.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Paul James ChatmanRe: BCC Filters missing from Vegas 10.0
by on Nov 27, 2010 at 12:39:28 pm

I had the same problem. Follow these steps, please.

View contact details
To: "Chatman"

If Sony Vegas is open, please close it. Could you then please check in C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 10.0 for a file called BCC7_Common_OFX.dll. Take that file and place it in C:\Windows\System32

Relaunch the Sony Vegas to see if the effects are showing up now.

Thank You

Jeremy Ellis
BorisFX Technical Support Team
260 Cedar Hill St.
Marlborough, MA 01752
jeremye@borisfx.com
888-77-BORIS (888-772-6747)
508-573-5100

The Boris Continuum Complete 7 installer for Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 seems to have issues with placing this file in the wrong folder. Or maybe that was the way it was perevioulsy, before it went live. I'm not sure; I'm sure this bug should be adressed in a future patch.

*poke* -> Boris

PaulJC

hello

Return to posts index

by on Nov 28, 2010 at 11:22:25 am

Ooops, just noticed you said 7 64bit, sorry...this may not work for you.

hello

Return to posts index

Edmond PepperRe: BCC Filters missing from Vegas 10.0
by on Dec 3, 2010 at 8:18:46 pm

"The Boris Continuum Complete 7 installer for Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 seems to have issues with placing this file in the wrong folder. Or maybe that was the way it was perevioulsy, before it went live. I'm not sure; I'm sure this bug should be adressed in a future patch."

That seems to be the issue. I downloaded an updated installer from Boris, (it was poseted overnight) and now BCC 7 seems to be working from within Vegas 10 (x64).

I'm still having issues with Boris FX, 9.3.2 in the 32 bit edition of Vegas 9.0, it shows up in the effects tab, but when I drag the effect to the video track, there are no effects and no presets.

I'm also having issues with Grafitti 5.3.2 in the 32 bit edition of Vegas 9.0, it just locks up and crashes, both in stand alone mode and from within Vegas.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 6, 2011 at 10:23:12 am

Sorry been away. Have you talked to BorisFX tech support about FX and Graffiti? I think when you drag the FX preset to te timeline, you're supposed to click the video effect button, and then click the FX button in the window to open the interface.

hello

Return to posts index

Ayda WalshRe: BCC Filters missing from Vegas 10.0
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 10:30:23 pm

Did you get any help on this. I have the same issue. I am running Sony VEgas Pro 10 and purchased BCC 7 and I only have a few showing up. I have emailed support but have not heard back.

I tried to find the dll below as well but I am running the 64bit as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is frustrating. I wasn't able to find any info on this issue until now.

Thanks!!
Ayda

Return to posts index

Edmond PepperRe: BCC Filters missing from Vegas 10.0
by on Feb 2, 2011 at 5:09:33 pm

I have gotten no response, I've been busy on other things and have not had time to tinker with this.

Return to posts index

Shaun FletcherRe: BCC Filters missing from Vegas 10.0
by on Feb 3, 2011 at 4:45:54 pm

Hello Folks,

Just got off the phone with Boris FX Support techs who helped me reolve this issue in seconds on my Version of Sony Vegas Pro 10 (64bit) on my Windows 7 installation. Very good they are too.

I too could not see many filters for BCC 7.
You need to go to the following folder and delete it. (If your unsure back it up to a safe place first)

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\10.0 folder.

Once deleted start Sony Vegas Pro 10 64 Bit and then check your Plugin Manager they should all now be there.

Kind regards,

Shaun.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]