BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris FX without Video transition ?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vania Ben tolila
Boris FX without Video transition ?
on Nov 18, 2010 at 11:40:41 pm

Hi guys,

I've just installed the Boris FX trial , and I have the cs4 master collection of ADOBE.

I can't seem to find the Video transition in the TAB effects, only the video effects.

Can someone please help me ?

Thank alot to everyone...

Vania

Vania

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris FX without Video transition ?
on Nov 19, 2010 at 12:03:13 pm

Hi Vania,

Because of the way that Adobe works, and I'm assuming that you are using After Effects, there are no true 2-input video transitions, only multi-input filters that are made to pull up a second input from another layer in the stack. The result that you get is exactly the same - outgoing track reveals incoming track - but it works just a little bit differently and requires a little more set up.

Is there a transition effect in particular that you are looking for?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

vania Ben tolila
on Nov 19, 2010 at 1:41:52 pm

Hi

First Thx for your answer.

I'm using premiere not AE, and in normal premiere transition (native & third pary) you apply the transition between two clip, also there is a transition section in the video effect I couldn't perform transition between two clip, any idea will be usfule.

Thx

Vania

Vania

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 19, 2010 at 6:21:33 pm

Hi Vania,

So ... because Premiere Pro uses the After Effects programming set for plug-ins, we could not make BCC 2-input transitions for this host. In FCP and Avid we can make the transitions work just like native transitions, ie, you please the transition between the clip pairs and the transition will auto-animate between the clips.

To make the BCC Transition filters work as a transition between a pair of clips, you'll have to have some overlap between the outgoing and incoming clips. Let's say you have the outgoing clip on track 2 and the incoming clip on track 1 and that the outgoing clip overlaps the incoming track. Then you apply the BCC Transition filter of choice onto the outgoing clip. Then with the animation mode set to percent done, set a keyframe where you want the transition to start. Set the value for percent done to 0. Then move to the part of the clip where you want the transition to end and set another keyframe for percent done and set the value to 100. Then select the incoming clip in the Layer to Reveal pop-up. The outgoing clip should now transition to the incoming clip.

If this is confusing and you would like me to write this out for you with step by step bullet points please let me know and I'll do that for you.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

vania Ben tolila
on Nov 21, 2010 at 1:07:09 pm

Thx Peter

I will try it

Vania

Vania

Return to posts index

Simon Keating
on Apr 11, 2011 at 4:12:54 pm

Peter - I wonder if you can help. I have Avid MC5 and I've just uploaded the BCC effects and want to use them as transitions. I have plenty of excess material after the transition point on the outgoing clip and similarly on the incoming one.

When I apply the BCC effect - in this case a directional blur - the effect stays with the outgoing clip until the end of the transition and then I get an abrupt cut to the incoming clip. Basically, the effect has not animated itself between the two clips, even though the diagonal line crosses 12 frames before and 12 frames after.

Any idea of what I've missed here?
Cheers

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:52:00 pm

Hi Sinmon,

If you use theBCC filter effect you will get the result that you are describing. You'll need to apply the BCC Transition and not the filter effect to use it as a true transition in Avid. To do this, select the transition that you want to use from the transitions category (not the filter category) and drag this onto the area between the abutting clips in the timeline. Click on the transition effect and enter effects mode to edit the look or the timing of the transition.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:53:23 pm

I clicked send and then just as it was sending I noticed that I misspelled you name as Sinmon instead of Simon. Sorry about that.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

eugene sarigumba
on Dec 24, 2014 at 9:03:33 pm

Hi Peter,
I know this is an old post. I'm using continuum 9 with cs6 AE and PPro. The transitions work fine when the sources are the same size/resolution as the sequence settings and no filters/fx on the sources. However, when i add any filter/fx on the incoming source, there's a frame at/near the end of the transition that doesn't show the filter/fx on the incoming clip. Then the fx suddenly appears afterwards.
Any suggestions to resolve this?
Thanks,
Eugene

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]