BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris XML Transfer failing on special characters

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich SpencerBoris XML Transfer failing on special characters
by on Nov 18, 2010 at 7:41:36 pm

Hey everyone!

Got a little problem with Boris XML Transfer. I'm importing an XML file generated from FCP 7 and all of our clip path names have the symbol • at the beginning of the path. FCP XML export converts the • to %E2%80%A2, which is the correct unicode format, but Boris XML turns sees the • as a Yen symbol and as a result, fails to import the sequence.

I tried using the HTML escape character for the bullet instead of the %E2%80%A2, but that crashes After Effects entirely upon running Boris XML.

I know the easy solution is to just change the path name and take that stupid character out, but the powers-that-be won't do it. So I'm stuck trying to find a work-around.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris XML Transfer failing on special characters
by on Nov 18, 2010 at 7:57:01 pm

Hi Rich,

Are you using the most recent version of the Boris XML Transfer software? I only ask because this sounds very much like a bug that we fixed and made available as a free update. If you have not yet updated, I'd suggest downloading the free XML Transfer updater and running that, then exporting again to see if it solves the problem. If it does not please let us know and we will do whatever we can to solve the problem. You can reach us via email at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Rich SpencerRe: Boris XML Transfer failing on special characters
by on Nov 22, 2010 at 5:08:00 pm

Hey Peter,

Thanks! Didn't see that last XML Transfer update, but it did the trick and all is right in the world. Thanks for getting back to me.

Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]