BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Trouble installing BCC 7 Trial for Sony Vegas Pro 10 32bit

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul James ChatmanTrouble installing BCC 7 Trial for Sony Vegas Pro 10 32bit
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 9:36:09 am

I have installed BCC 7 for Sony Vegas Pro twice and BOTH times When installing BCC on XP:

I enter the SN# at identification stage and the installer says it's invalid, but continues the installation.

The first time I chose "Custom" install and placed the installation in a folder underneath the Sony Vegas Pro 10 hierarchy (Video OFX Plugins Folder). When I launched Vegas Pro I could not locate the BCC plug-ins anywhere in the program. I did not reboot, as I did not receive a message saying I had to.

The 2nd time I installed BCC 7 I chose the "Complete" Install option and again I could not locate the plugins for BCC7. Using the default "Complete" option it installed in C:Program FilesBoris FX, IncBCC Presets 7 OFX. So how does it get into Vegas pro 10?? I cannot find them, I even looked at the webinar again too see, and he mentioned created custom FX folders but not how to install BCC specifically.

I downloaded the Trial as I was planning to buy this software; however, it seems if I cannot use it on XP 32bit with Sony Vegas Pro 10.0a, then buying it is not an option to me.

The serial number I used during install was the one I got e-mailed to me for the Trial version; since I cannot locate the plugins within Vegas Pro 10, I cannot apply a filter to access my unique product code. Though I was able to register the software on the BorisFX website.

Thank you.
PaulJC

hello

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Trouble installing BCC 7 Trial for Sony Vegas Pro 10 32bit
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 11:18:58 am

Hi Paul,

The software combination that you are attempting to use, Sony Vegas Pro 10x with BCC 7 OFX on Windows XP 32, is indeed a tested and approved configuration. The fact that the installer is posting an error message regarding the serial number is certainly a clue and will help in sleuthing the issue.

Please contact our tech support center via email at support@borisfx.com and one of the guys will walk you through the installation process and get this working for you. Feel free to cc me (peterm@borisfx.com) on your email to the support group.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]