BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Trouble installing BCC 7 Trial for Sony Vegas Pro 10 32bit

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul James ChatmanTrouble installing BCC 7 Trial for Sony Vegas Pro 10 32bit
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 9:36:09 am

I have installed BCC 7 for Sony Vegas Pro twice and BOTH times When installing BCC on XP:

I enter the SN# at identification stage and the installer says it's invalid, but continues the installation.

The first time I chose "Custom" install and placed the installation in a folder underneath the Sony Vegas Pro 10 hierarchy (Video OFX Plugins Folder). When I launched Vegas Pro I could not locate the BCC plug-ins anywhere in the program. I did not reboot, as I did not receive a message saying I had to.

The 2nd time I installed BCC 7 I chose the "Complete" Install option and again I could not locate the plugins for BCC7. Using the default "Complete" option it installed in C:Program FilesBoris FX, IncBCC Presets 7 OFX. So how does it get into Vegas pro 10?? I cannot find them, I even looked at the webinar again too see, and he mentioned created custom FX folders but not how to install BCC specifically.

I downloaded the Trial as I was planning to buy this software; however, it seems if I cannot use it on XP 32bit with Sony Vegas Pro 10.0a, then buying it is not an option to me.

The serial number I used during install was the one I got e-mailed to me for the Trial version; since I cannot locate the plugins within Vegas Pro 10, I cannot apply a filter to access my unique product code. Though I was able to register the software on the BorisFX website.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Trouble installing BCC 7 Trial for Sony Vegas Pro 10 32bit
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 11:18:58 am

Hi Paul,

The software combination that you are attempting to use, Sony Vegas Pro 10x with BCC 7 OFX on Windows XP 32, is indeed a tested and approved configuration. The fact that the installer is posting an error message regarding the serial number is certainly a clue and will help in sleuthing the issue.

Please contact our tech support center via email at and one of the guys will walk you through the installation process and get this working for you. Feel free to cc me ( on your email to the support group.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved