BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX 9.3.4 trial not working

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis BorkBoris FX 9.3.4 trial not working
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:20:02 am

Hey all, sorry to come up with a problem again. I've installed the Boris FX 9.3.4 trial on my Avid 5.0.3 system. All that's swowing up unter the effects tab is Boris FX AVX 2.0 with a few entries (Filter, Title-Matte, Transition). As I know from other systems, the list should be full of BCC stuff. In my /Library/Application Support/Avid/AVX2_Plug-Ins/ are Boris FX.avx, BCC.avx, BCC Static RT.avx, BCC Real Time.avx and BCC 3D Objects.avx files. I've done the normal installation process using the installer that comes with the trial. I think I've also installed the BCC trial by mistake, but abandoned installation before it completed. Also there's BCC 3D Objects showing in my list, but none of the other BCC stuff. What could be wrong here? Any files missing? How do I clean this failed installation up and give it a new try? Just trash some files? There's no uninstaller, as far as I can see. Looking forward to some really good hints,

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Boris FX 9.3.4 trial not working
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 12:45:35 pm

Hi Dennis,

You may have to get in-touch with our support on this one. They will help you to clean up the system. I'm not sure why you are seeing 3D Objects (presumably from your Avid installation) in Boris FX filter list. That is not supposed to happen as far as I can tell.

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

Jeremy EllisRe: Boris FX 9.3.4 trial not working
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 3:49:03 pm

Hello Dennis,

It sounds like what you are looking for is in fact the Boris Continuum Complete for Avid. When you install that fully you will see the list of effects that you were expecting to see. If you have any issues or questions please feel free to contact me at

Thank You
Boris Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved