BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

How do I hear audio from the audio track in Avid while Pan and scanning?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malcolm BartonHow do I hear audio from the audio track in Avid while Pan and scanning?
by on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:37:18 pm

Hi, I am trying to get used to Boris FX. I am trying to do the Ken Burns effect slowly zooming out of an image. What I want to do is to be able to listen to the audio that is in the audio track in Avid while I am scrubbing and adding keyframes and previewing in Boris. There is an option to add an audio track from a file but that is not what I want.

If I use Avid's own Pan and Zoom filter I can preview the clip and hear the voiceover in the audio track. This is invaluable in positioning the keyframes. In Boris it seems like there is a lot of guesswork and having to render the effect to see how it matches up with the voiceover track.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks
Malcolm

Return to posts index

William BusbyRe: How do I hear audio from the audio track in Avid while Pan and scanning?
by on Oct 28, 2010 at 5:30:14 am

Using Red as a plug-in in Avid there's no other way I know of other than exporting the audio tracks as a wav file for instance, then import that into Red.

Return to posts index

Malcolm BartonRe: How do I hear audio from the audio track in Avid while Pan and scanning?
by on Oct 28, 2010 at 3:35:38 pm

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll have to do that although I am surprised there isn't a simpler way. I cannot believe that I am the only one having this problem. Does everyone else just put up with having no audio cues?

Malcolm

Return to posts index

Malcolm BartonRe: How do I hear audio from the audio track in Avid while Pan and scanning?
by on Oct 28, 2010 at 4:48:11 pm

Unfortunatly your suggestion is no good. I export the audio to wave and import it into Boris but when I preview there is no audio. I can hear it when I click "Preview track in seperate window" but not when I preview it in the composite window. I have even selected "preview with audio" but I cannot hear anything.

This and the fact that Boris is so inredibly slow at doing anything whatsoever means that it is unsuitable for my needs.

Malcolm

Return to posts index

William BusbyRe: How do I hear audio from the audio track in Avid while Pan and scanning?
by on Oct 28, 2010 at 6:24:12 pm

If you think about it it kind of makes sense there's no audio without importing it. Using red as a plugin is for video. There's nothing to reference regarding audio without importing.

You could try making sure it's not muted and also making sure you're doing a ram preview and at a lower res/quality. But you're right... I've always found Red to very sluggish. After Effects responds so much faster than Red in all comparisons that I've found.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Glass OnionRe: How do I hear audio from the audio track in Avid while Pan and scanning?
by on Aug 24, 2011 at 1:10:05 am

Audio is sorely needed because 90% of video is AUDIO!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]